When people hear of surfing they tend to automatically think of an extreme water sport which requires a great deal of skill and energy in order to be successful.
While some of this is the truth there are millions of people who enjoy surfing for a number of reasons which you may not even be aware of.
- One of the great things about surfing is the level of relief it can provide, you can release a great deal of energy, anxiety and stress while taking part in surfing.
- Some people are not too keen on sports which involve teams, people that go surfing can decide what they do, where they go and how they do it. You are not forced into anything you may feel uncomfortable with – simply take it at your own speed and enjoy the sun, sand and waves.
- You may assume that surfing is basically the same thing wave after wave, this is definitely not true. No wave is the same as another, they will provide you with a unique experience each time which entices a great deal of people.
- When you master the basics of surfing you will not be able to stop, once you can ride the waves you will just want to prove to yourself you can ride bigger and better waves. In some cases you can actually get addicted to surfing.
- One of the most positive things about surfing is the workout it provides, it practically works every muscle in your body from your head to your toes.
- It’s great fun! You will have the time of your life when you are capable of standing up on your surfboard riding waves and performing various manoeuvres and tricks.
- You get to visit various popular surf spots and meet great people who all share the same passion as you do. It’s a fantastic crowd to get into and you will constantly be learning new things.
What are you waiting for? The above are just a small selection of some of the benefits you will receive when you take up surfing. You will never understand what it feels like until you do it. You can often start off cheap and rent the gear to get a feel what it’s like before you make any investments.